MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Excelsior is a 5 star boutique hotel in Thessaloniki, right in the heart of the financial, business & commerce district.
Thessaloniki’s airport Macedonia is 15km (10 miles) to the South, approximately a 35 minute drive (50 minutes under heavy traffic).
Thessaloniki’s train station is less than 2 Km (1+ mile) away, and under normal circumstances, it’s only a 10minute ride (20minutes during rush hour).
There are public buses that can take you to or from the train station; bus stops are right across the street from the hotel.
Thessaloniki is very well connected to various domestic and international transportation.
- Arrive at Macedonia Airport (SKG, information phone number +30.310.473212)
- Distance between Thessaloniki center (The Excelsior ) and airport, only 15 km
Thessaloniki has the biggest and busiest train terminal station in Greece. There are numerous domestic and international daily departures and arrivals, connecting Thessaloniki with other Greek and European cities.
Rental Cars, Buses, private automobiles, taxis
- There are many international and local car rental companies. You will find links to their websites in our links page
- Many private companies offering daily bus services to and from Thessaloniki
- KTEL organization of public bus service or its Thessaloniki Branch (Greek only)
By Ferry travelling from Italy (Bari, Ancona, Brindisi or Venice)
Arrive in Igoumenitsa
- Ferry arrives at the city of Igoumenitsa (West coast of Greece)
- Take Egnatia Motorway (Egnatia Odos) to Thessaloniki
- Travelling distance is about 3.5 hours
Arrive in Patra
- Take the Rio motorway
- Cross over Antirio to Amfissa
- Continue to Lamia
- Take the Athens – Thessaloniki highway
- Travelling distance is 488km, totaling 6 hours
DISTANCES FROM THE EXCELSIOR TO:
- Bus Station: nearby
- Thessaloniki Train Station: 2 km
- White Tower/City Beach: nearby
- HELEXPO Exhibition center: 1 km
- Shopping Center: nearby
- Macedonia International Airport: 15 km